What’s the one meal you’d cook for your family again and again? 

Pasta primavera. It’s easy. [The kids] actually complained about it when they were little, like, “Are you going to make that one more time?” And then I would just make it to annoy them. 

What’s the one drink that never gets old?

A martini. A vodka, Belvedere martini with two olives. 

If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

Tacos or pasta—or a Health Nut salad. We just whip open the dressing, throw it inside, put the top back on and shake it up.

Who is the one person you call in a crisis? 

Kim [Kardashian West]. Kim would be my girl. She’s always all of our go-to whenever anything happens because she’s so calm, and she’s the one who really thinks things through and…Kim is your girl.

What’s the one thing that has changed the most in your life since season 1?

I think it would have to be privacy, just, you know, you open yourself up and your whole life up to everyone else, and so it becomes something that…you know what you’re getting into, but it definitely limits the ability to pick and choose when you need privacy.

In WSJ. Magazine's "The One" interview series, the matriarch of the Kardashian-Jenners discusses the final season of 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians.' Directed by Barbara Anastacio

And over the course of 20 seasons, what’s the one thing you’d change? 

I don’t think I would change anything. I’m somebody who really believes that everything happens for a reason, and I think it happened exactly the way it was supposed to.

What is the one thing you’ll miss most about it? 

Well, I think we’re going to miss our crew. Our crew was with us from day 1, season 1, episode 1…. It [was] almost 14 and a half years of filming with the same people…. We’re going to really miss them.

What’s the one thing you always have with you on set when filming? 

I love having my glasses and my phone nearby. I feel like [they’re] my security blanket.

What’s the one fashion trend that never goes out of style? 

Wearing black. I love wearing black for a number of reasons, but I think it’s always my go-to when I can’t figure something out. I like [color] once in a while, but I always go back to black. 

What’s the one beauty product you can’t live without? 

Well, Kylie Cosmetics and KKW Beauty, of course. Can’t live without those products— specifically Kim’s body makeup is amazing. It’s changed my life. 

What’s the one trait you consider essential to your success? 

Determination. I think I’ve been very determined from a very young age, no matter what I was doing…. And I think that when you’re determined to do something, you figure out a way to do it, and everything else kind of follows.

What’s the one thing you wish you had learned earlier in your career? 

I wish I would have learned that it’s OK to say no and you don’t have to be a people pleaser. Because I was always such a people pleaser and wanted everyone to be happy. And sometimes that comes at the expense of what you really want to do if you’re always worried about everyone else.

Whats the one opportunity you turned down that you wish you hadn’t? 

I don’t think there’s something that I have turned down that I regret doing. I turned down an opportunity several times to be on Dancing With the Stars, but I can’t dance. So I don’t think that was a mistake.

What’s the one phone call that changed your life?

I mean, careerwise, I guess it was Ryan Seacrest when he called to say, “Yes, let’s do this,” after we pitched him the show.

What’s one of the hardest business decisions you’ve had to make? 

After 20 seasons of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, calling it quits…. It was a very hard decision to make, really hard and really sad. 

What’s the one trait you most value in a business partner or collaborator? 

Loyalty, honesty.

Whats the one thing you always take with you on a business trip?

My blankie. I have my blanket; I take it everywhere.

Whats the one piece of advice that most changed your life?

If someone says no, you’re talking to the wrong person.

Who is the one person dead or alive you’d most like to have dinner with?

Probably Robert Kardashian, or Jesus is my top, top, top [choice]—but the two of them at the same dinner would be even better. 

What’s the one thing that being a mother of six has taught you?

It’s an ongoing life lesson being a mom of that many kids. But patience. Patience and understanding. I think [those are] the most invaluable lessons that I could have ever learned in a lifetime. But those are two really good ones.

What’s the one thing that people would be surprised to find out about you?

I really can organize a beautiful refrigerator, that’s my secret talent. Like if you open my refrigerator, it’s gorgeous. 

Was there one time in your life when you lost hope? 

Probably in the mid-to-late ’90s was rough. I think I was having more kids and trying to find a balance between being a mom and work and trying to really establish what my career path was going to be…. Young people in general think that they have to find this magical career at a certain age. And I think for me, when you think about it, I [am now 65 and] started filming Keeping Up With the Kardashians when I was 52 years old. And the stuff that we have accomplished and done and been a part of and experienced since I [was] 52 years old, it’s wild

What’s the one song you can listen to on repeat? 

It would probably be “Golden Lady” or “Ribbon in the Sky,” by Stevie Wonder. 

Where do you wish you could buy a one-way ticket to? 

A one-way ticket!? I don’t want to leave. I don’t want to go anywhere one way. I’d have to come back, my whole family’s here. You’re not getting rid of me. No, no, no.This interview has been edited and condensed for clarity.

Read our Kris Jenner digital cover story